After Coins.ph successful launch in 2014, it then extended its financial services in Thailand as Coins.co.th in the same year. As Thailand’s second Bitcoin exchange, it leads to a healthy competition and increases in Bitcoin adoption in the country.
Both services were founded by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs Ron Hose and Runar Petursson. Its main goal is to use Bitcoin as a means of financial mobility especially in countries like the Philippines and Thailand where a huge part of the population is unbanked. Its services are more focused on sending remittances, bills payment, mobile top-up, and online shopping at over 100,000 merchants using Bitcoin.
Coins.co.th allows buying and selling of Bitcoin in exchange for the local baht currency. It proudly offers frictionless money transfer which is accessible to everyone with the use of mobile phones and the cryptocurrency. They offer a number of convenient payment outlets to their customers in Thailand such as Bangkok Bank, Kasikornbank, Siam Commercial Bank, True Move, Dtac and AIS. The exchange features instant & free signup, safe & secure offline storage, convenience in storing, sending & receiving Bitcoins and a reliable 24/7 customer support.
Buying and Selling Bitcoins
Buying and selling Bitcoins at Coins.co.th is easy. Once you have signed up an account, you can place a buy order or sell order and specify the amount, chosen payment method, and your Bitcoin address. Users do not need to have a bank account to make a cash transfer to Coins.co.th. They can just walk-in and deposit the amount to Coins.co.th bank account number at any major bank branch nationwide. For those with bank accounts, they can pay through online banking transfer and ATM and cash deposit machine transfer. More conveniently, the user can also make mobile money transfer.
The following are the cash-in options in Thailand:
Banks, ATM, CDM & Online Banking Services
- Bangkok Bank
- Kasikorn Bank
- Krungsri bank
- Siam Commercial Bank
- Thanachart Bank
- United Overseas Bank
Mobile Money Transfer
- Bualuang mBanking
- K-Mobile Banking PLUS
- Krungsri Bank app
- SCB Easy & UP2ME
- UOB Mobile
Specific details and instructions are available on their website.
Products and Services
Users may spend or convert their Bitcoin to cash with the following products and services:
- Bills Payment – consumers can pay their bills conveniently which includes internet, mobile, water, electricity, land line and credit card bills.
- Gift cards – users can buy gift card codes in exchange for their Bitcoin. The codes include gift cards from XBox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Major Cineplex Movie Tickets, Garena Shell, Starbucks, Google Play Store, and iTunes.
- Mobile Top-up – available to AIS, Dtac, and TrueMove telecommunication networks
- Cash Cards – users can buy cash cards for games, mobile, Miracle Thailand, Happy Dtac, i-mobile 3GX, @Cash., Cookie card, Steam Wallet, Line Prepaid, iflix, TrueMoney, AIS and a lot more.
- Cardless ATM – users can cash-out their Bitcoins from their Coins.co.th wallet through Krungthai ATM without the need of a card. You will only need a Thai mobile phone number and an email address for the reference codes needed to get your cash.
Other services include a donation to The Raks Thai Foundation and shopping to a great list of merchants that accept Bitcoin payments.
If you like this article, please subscribe to our blog feed or you may like us on Facebook for updates. For comments, reactions and suggestions, feel free to write and submit them below.